Smith Adult Community Education (ACE) provides lifelong learners with opportunities to develop hands-on skills and knowledge for employment or just for the fun of it. Instructors are professionals and work as artisans, business owners, educators and masters of their trade. Their enthusiasm is contagious as they share their expertise teaching evening and weekend classes and technical workshops.
How do I know if my class is canceled?
Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances, Smith Vocational Adult Community Education must cancel a class. Canceled classes are made up (same day of week and time) by extending the finish date of the course unless other arrangements are made between the instructor and the class and approved by the director. When day school is canceled due to snow conditions or other weather or emergency events, evening classes are also canceled. Look for the Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School cancellation notices on the following stations: WWLP-TV Springfield Channel 22 and WGGB-TV Springfield Channel 40.
In the event day classes are not canceled and the weather worsens, if a decision to cancel evening classes is made, it will be relayed to the same stations by 4 pm. (If evening classes are going to be held as usual, there will be no notice).
What is your refund policy?
1. All tuition for a course must be paid in full prior to the start date of the course.
2. If a class is canceled for any reason by Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School all monies collected up to that point shall be fully refunded.
3. If an enrolled student terminates their enrollment up to 15 days before the scheduled start of the class, they shall receive a refund of all monies collected, minus a 5% administrative fee of the total cost of the course, whether or not the full tuition has been collected at the time of the student’s cancelation.
4. If an enrolled student terminates their enrollment within 14 days before the scheduled start of the class, they shall receive a refund of all monies collected, minus a 10% administrative fee of the total cost of the course, whether or not the full tuition has been collected at the time of the student’s cancellation.
5. If an enrolled student terminates their enrollment after the start of the class, they shall forfeit the right to any refund.
What are scheduled days off?
Smith Vocational Adult Community Education will not hold classes on the following dates: December 25-29 (December break), January 1 (New Year’s Day), January 15 (MLK Jr Day), February 19-23 (February break), March 28 (GAC dinner and meetings), April 16-20 (April break), and May 28 (Memorial Day).
Director Of Adult Education and Evening Programs
Classes M-Th 4pm-10pm
Fall and Spring Sessions
80 Locust Street